Set up Text-to-Donate
Text-to-Donate powers easy mobile giving through text codes. Learn how to set up a custom text code and start receiving donations via SMS (only on U.S phone carriers).
Before You Get Started
Use Text-to-Donate as part of a Digital Fundraising campaign. Be sure to create a Campaign Page first.
Text-to-Donate makes it possible for donors to give on the go. All they have to do is SMS your special text code to our dedicated (not shared) short code -- 44321 (only valid on U.S. phone carriers) -- and they instantly and automatically receive a link to your mobile-friendly Campaign Page. From here, they're just a few easy steps from giving.
Give Lively nonprofit members can set up Text-to-Donate functionality in minutes:
1. Sign in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
2. Click the "Text Codes" tab in the menu on the top of the page.
3. Create a text code that donors can easily enter on their phone.
- Text codes can be letters, numbers, or any combination of the two.
- They must be three (3) characters or more, and, unlike passwords, they are not case sensitive.
- Good examples are "HELPKIDS", "5K2017", and "PAJAMAWALK".
- You can create as many codes as you want and they don't expire.
- Codes are unique across our platform. We will let you know if your code has already been taken by another organization.
4. Click "Campaigns" in the top menu then click "Manage" next to the campaign you would like to link to your text code.
5. Scroll down to the "Text Codes" section, click "Link A Text-to-Donate Code" and then select the text code you'd like to use.
Whenever you create new text codes, they will appear in this menu of text codes. You can change a page's text code (or add a new text code to a page) at any time.
- Review our ultimate guide of Text-to-Donate best practices, including multiple examples of how to display your special text code.
- Text-to-Donate is designed to work in tandem with our Live Display, which tracks and exhibits donations mere seconds (usually between 3 and 5) after being completed. Learn how to set up Live Display.
- Nonprofits do not pay a fee to send Text-to-Donate messages, as Give Lively covers the costs for you.
- Donors who receive text messages will be subject to their typical text/SMS rates according to their phone plan.