Build an Event Ticketing page
Event Ticketing pages let you host fundraising events and sell tickets and sponsorships for them. You can also use them for non-ticketed events. Learn how to set Event Ticketing up, including how to add basic event details, logos and images, information about tickets (categories and price tiers), additional donor information requests, and thank you messages.
Before You Get Started
- Log in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal dashboard and click on “Events” in the menu at the top of the page, and then "+ Create Event" to the right of the "Event Pages" page title.
- On the "Give Your Event a Name" page, name your event for internal purposes and click the "Next" button.
- On the next "Event Details" page, confirm the internal "Event Name" and then enter the name you want to appear on the event page in the "Display event page title as" field.
- Lower on the same page, start typing in the venue name or address of your event. Choose a result to autofill the location details. Use the Google Maps widget to verify the address. You can also enter the address manually by clicking “Enter Address Manually.” (A Google Maps widget will appear on your event page to help your attendees get to the event.) If you wish to clear the address, selecting the "Clear Address" button will do so in one click rather than deleting details field by field.
- Still on the same "Event Details" page, add the "Event Starts" and "Event Ends" date and time for your event. Ticket sales will end when the event starts.
- Enter an "Event Description" that will appear on your public page.
- Associate your event's new Event Page either with an existing campaign or your core profile. Donation data will roll up to your selection. Keep in mind that you will not be able to change this selection after your first ticket is purchased.
- Click the "Save" button.
Logos and Images
- From the "Edit Event Information" page, click on "Logos and Images" and then choose a file to upload as your logo (minimum of 640x640 pixels, no larger than 1MB and in JPG format). Click the "Save" button. This logo will appear in the top center of your Event Page, either above your event name ("vertically stacked") or alongside it ("banner").
- Next, upload your primary media. Choose any of the following and then select “Save” to feature it prominently on your event page:
(a) Image - Select “Upload new image” and then navigate to the image you want from files on your computer. A large, high-quality image is best: minimum size 1740x1140 pixels, no larger than 1 MB and in JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF format. Use the image cropper to frame your image: slide the gray ball along the scale to zoom in or out; click and drag on the image to center it as desired. Then click the “Save” button.
(b) Video - Select “Edit” and then paste in the direct link to a public video (on YouTube and Vimeo only) that you wish to embed on your page. Paste the full URL (with “http://" or “https://“), not an “embed code.” Then click the “OK” button.
(c) No Media - No further action is required.
- Use the color tool to input your brand color as a background color, which will be used with all of the buttons on your Event Page. Click the "Save" button to lock it in.
- Upload an image (minimum of 1200x630 pixels, no larger than 1MB and in JPG format) that will appear when you share your page’s link on social media like Facebook, Twitter, or other platforms.
- To view the result, click on "Visit Page" near the top right of the page. This will open a new browser tab with your Event Page, showing all the pieces in place. To make changes, go back to the "Logos, Images, and Color" tab and make edits.
- When you're ready, click “Ticket Builder” in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Follow the instructions to enter information about your tickets. Choose what category they fall under (click on "Category settings" to open a dropdown menu with options) and then add name, price, and total quantity. You also have the option to create a free ticket by leaving the price blank.
- Click on "Add Another Ticket" to include new ticket price tiers within a category, or click on "Add Another Category" to add a new category of tickets.
- Select whether ticket tiers will appear on your event page from "Lowest to Highest" or "Highest to Lowest" price.
- Click “Add More Ticket Details” if you would like to:
- Add a ticket description to appear alongside the ticket tier on your page and set sale dates for each ticket tier
- Create group and table tickets
- Designate a portion of each ticket as tax deductible
- Set a date range during which the ticket will be on sale (a feature useful for offering discounts and specials like Early Bird sales)
Additional Questions and Thank You Message
- To collect additional information from attendees and donors, toggle the "Hide/Show" switch next to the question (Mailing Address, Custom Question etc.) to request that information after payment is made.
- Check the “Required Before Payment” box to make it obligatory before payment. To reduce friction during the purchase/donation process, we recommend only requiring questions essential to your event.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Write a thank you message. This message will be sent automatically to each attendee immediately after a ticket purchase.
- To send a test email, click the "Send Test Email" button beneath the Body Paragraph field. A test email will only be sent to the address of the person logged in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal. In the email, merge tags (rather than actual data) will show in the Donation Summary section, but the nonprofit’s name and tailored body text will appear.
- Click “Additional message for each ticket” under each Ticket Name to set up additional thank you messages for attendees who buy specific types of tickets.