Update your PayPal integration on Give Lively
Beginning in February 2021, PayPal is changing the way third parties, like Give Lively, integrate with PayPal accounts such as a nonprofit’s. For our part, we’re upgrading to the latest version of PayPal. And this is an easy step-by-step guide, with illustrations, of the steps nonprofits must take to ensure uninterrupted donations via PayPal.
Before You Get Started
PayPal won’t fully support the current integration starting in February 2021. The PayPal button will therefore be removed as a payment method from the Give Lively fundraising pages of any nonprofit that chooses not to upgrade before February 16. Should this occur, this step-by-step guide can be used at any time to upgrade to the new version of Paypal and enable the PayPal payment option on all forms.
Follow these steps to update your PayPal integration on Give Lively:
2. Look for “Give Lively” in the list of merchants and click “Delete”.
4. Click "Organization Settings" in the menu on the top of the page and then "Integrations" in the tab on the left. If you can’t find this, go to https://members.givelively.org/integrations.
5. Click “Disconnect from PayPal” and then again in the "Remove PayPal Integration” popup.
6. Click “Begin PayPal Integration” to commence the new integration.
7. Enter your email address and select your country, then click the "Next" button.
8. Log back in to your PayPal account.
9. When you land on a page that says “Thank You for Signing Up,” click “Continue to PayPal Setup” to complete your PayPal profile and authorize transactions with your bank account. Please note that PayPal donations will not be processed by Stripe or appear in your Stripe account.
10. Click “Go back to Give Lively’s Store” to return to the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
There should now be a check mark and note that "Your organization can now accept donations through PayPal" next to PayPal on the Integrations page. If you do not see a check mark or the PayPal payment option on your fundraising page(s), contact us at email@example.com.