Set up and use Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising enables your supporters to create their own fundraising pages and raise money on your behalf. It helps nonprofits build engagement, connect with new donors, and raise more with less effort.
Before You Get Started
- Have you set up a Core Profile? It's a critical first step.
How Peer-to-Peer Fundraising works
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising is automatically incorporated into your core fundraising page, as well as any campaign pages your nonprofit uses to raise money.
To start a new Peer-to-Peer page, supporters simply visit your fundraising page and click "I Want To Fundraise For This." They are then directed to register, come up with a fundraising goal, and write a note to donors.
IMPORTANT: Supporters are only able to create one Give Lively user account per email address. Through that account, each supporter is limited to one personal fundraising page per nonprofit campaign, but can still support multiple campaigns of one nonprofit, as well as the campaigns of other nonprofits.
When someone donates using a Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page, you will see the donation in the Nonprofit Admin Portal and in Stripe. If the Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page is associated with one of your campaigns, all funds it raises will roll into your campaign's goal.
To see all of the Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages supporting your nonprofit, go to the Nonprofit Admin Portal and click "P2P Pages" in the top navigation menu.
Enable (or disable) Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
You do not have to do anything special to enable Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. It is automatically incorporated into your core fundraising page, as well as any campaign pages your nonprofit uses to raise money.
You can however turn it on and off. To do so, log in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal and click "Core Profile" in the top navigation menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for "Enable Peer to Peer Fundraisers" with the clickable box in front of it. A check mark in the box means Peer-to-Peer Fundraising is enabled. Click on the box to remove the check mark and disable it.
Share your nonprofit's Peer-to-Peer sign-up link with prospective fundraisers
Supporters need your Peer-to-Peer Fundraising sign-up link to get started raising money on your behalf. They can get the link two ways:
- directly from you via email or social media
- by visiting your primary or campaign fundraising pages and clicking the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button (see image below).
To send supporters the link:
- Log in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal and click on the "Dashboard" tab.
- Scroll down to "Recent Campaign Pages" and click the "Copy Link to Create P2P" button (see image below). This will copy the peer-to-peer sign-up link, which can be pasted into a social post or an email directed toward your biggest supporters.
Remove individual fundraisers from teams
Nonprofit admins have the ability to remove most individual peer-to-peer fundraisers from teams, even if those fundraisers have raised money through the team. Only the team leader can’t be removed.
To do this:
- Log in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal and click “P2P Pages” in the top navigation bar.
- Select the individual fundraiser you would like to remove. Be sure to look within the “Active” tab of current Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Pages. If needed, use the search tool to pull up results only within that tab. Search results will include the desired term, whether it is all or part of a word or phrase in the fundraiser name or slug.
- Click the “Manage” button to the right of the fundraising page link.
- Click “Team” in the tab on the left.
- Click the “X” to the right of the team from which you would like to remove the fundraiser.