See our Salesforce integration logic and fields
An overview of how our Salesforce integration was built, specifically designed for the Nonprofit Success Pack.
Before You Get Started
IMPORTANT: When the integration is connected, all previous donations and event purchases made on your Give Lively fundraising pages will automatically sync to Salesforce. New donations and event purchases will sync within an hour of being marked as “paid.” New Campaign, Contact and Opportunity records will be created during this same hour window.
Ensure that the authenticating user has the following permissions:
- "Read, Create and Edit" on Account, Contacts, Campaigns, Opportunities, Payments
- "Read and Edit" access to ALL FIELDS on the objects that Give Lively writes to or uses in matching (see below)
- Access to the appropriate Record Types on the aforementioned objects
- "Read/Write" access to any Account and Contact record that should be considered for matching and which is associated with a gift synced from Give Lively
- "Read/Write" access to all Opportunity records created by the integration (in case Owner is subsequently changed)
- "Read/Write" access to all Campaign records created by the integration (in case Owner is subsequently changed)
- API Enabled via Profile or Permission set
- Marketing User = TRUE on own User Record
Other essential considerations:
- The email address of the System Administrator User will be the authenticating user and ideally should not have a password that expires. Make note that the user email should be evergreen, i.e. email@example.com. Here is an excellent article by Salesforce about creating a Dedicated Salesforce Integration User.
- The Give Lively integration is not currently compatible with NPSP’s native “State and Country Picklists” feature. If you have State and Country Picklist enabled, you must disable this feature prior to establishing the integration.
- Our integration attempts to match a Give Lively donor to an existing Contact in your Salesforce organization based on the email in the standard Email field. (This will be the value in the email field marked as preferred in NPSP.) If an exact match is not found, a new Contact is created. Currently this is the only option for Contact matching.
- At this time, a peer-to-peer fundraiser’s details do not sync to Salesforce. Peer-to-peer donations are synced with the parent campaign as their primary campaign source, and P2P donations will not soft credit the fundraiser. These gifts are not specifically distinguished from other gifts in the current sync behavior.
- At this time, dedication (in honor/memory of) information is not labeled as such and is not specifically distinguished from other gifts in the current sync behavior.
- ACH/bank account donations will not sync or be recorded in the sync logs until the transaction has successfully been processed by the donor’s bank.
Event ticket tiers currently do not flow into Salesforce.
Sync P2P Donations
At this time, fundraiser details do not sync to Salesforce. P2P donations will roll up to the parent campaign (primary campaign source field). At this time, P2P donations will not soft credit the fundraiser.
Within the Nonprofit Admin Portal
Integrations > Sync Logs, members will have the opportunity to:
* At this time, our integration maps donations to a unique Salesforce campaign generated by our integration. We don't currently allow changing this mapping (for example, to another campaign in your SF instance), but we plan on this for a future release.