Issue a full or partial refund for a donation
Full or partial refunds to your donors are possible through Stripe.
Before You Get Started
Connect a new or existing Stripe account to Give Lively. It’s a required first step.
Refunds can only be made by the nonprofit.
To issue a full or partial refund to your donors:
- Login into your Stripe dashboard.
- Go to the Payments Overview page and find the charge that needs to be refunded.
- Click the "•••" icon next to the charge and select "Refund charge".
- The default is a full refund, but for credit card charges, both full or partial refunds can be made. To issue a partial credit card refund, enter the amount to be refunded. For ACH payments, only full refunds can be made through Stripe dashboard. To issue a partial ACH refund, please reach out to Give Lively support by emailing email@example.com.
- Select a reason for the refund. If you select "Other", you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
- Click "Refund" to finish.
While there are no additional fees to refund a charge, the fees from the original charge are not returned. If you have any questions, please refer to Stripe’s FAQ.