Close a fundraising Campaign Page
Once a fundraising campaign has run its course, it makes sense to close it. The page will remain live, but it will display the following message: "This campaign has ended. Thank you for your support." Once a campaign is closed, it cannot be re-activated.
Before You Get Started
To close a campaign:
- Log in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal and click “Campaigns” in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Campaign Page that will be closed. Be sure to look within the “Active” tab of current Campaign Pages. (After you close the campaign, it will be automatically moved to the “Closed” tab of past campaigns.) If needed, use the search tool to pull up results only within a tab. Search results will include the desired term, whether it is all or part of a word or phrase in the campaign name or slug.
- Click the “Manage” button to the right of the Campaign Page link.
- Under “Edit Campaign Page,” click “Campaign Name, Description, and Goal.”
- At the very bottom of the “Basic Information & Goals” page, there is an option to permanently “Close This Campaign.”
IMPORTANT - The following will happen when a campaign in closed:
- It will automatically be moved to the “Closed” tab of past campaigns on the Campaigns index page in the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
- The campaign page will still be live on the internet, but it will display the following message: "This campaign has ended. Thank you for your support."
- All Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages and Event Ticketing pages created in support of the campaign will also continue to be live but display the same message as above.
- The campaign page, Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages and Event Ticketing pages will no longer allow donations to those pages. Instead, they will redirect new, would-be donors to the nonprofit's main donation page.
- Closing a campaign will NOT automatically end any recurring donations that originated from the campaign. They will continue to be associated with the campaign.
- Once a campaign is closed, it cannot be re-activated.